As 2010 comes to a close, I wanted to thank everyone who has been reading my blog this year, taking the time to comment and sharing my blog articles on Twitter and Facebook. I will work hard in 2011 to come up with new articles that will be informative, interesting and infinitely shareable! 🙂
In the meantime, I thought I’d share with you my Top 10 list of most popular blog articles for 2010.
Top Categories: Social Media & SEO
Just like last year, the most popular posts dealt with social media, followed by search engine optimization. As you scan the list, you’ll notice many articles shared a common trait: they contained numbers in the title. I’ve written about this phenomenon before as an excellent way to get your blog noticed. The proof is in the stats. So, keep that in mind when you’re writing your own blog articles in 2011.
Facebook Leads Top 10 List
1. 10 Ways to Build Your Facebook Fan Base This article was the overall leader by a 3-1 margin. No surprise, considering Facebook has been the hot topic this year among consumers and business owners alike. I suspect it will continue to be a popular topic for some time to come.
2. Keyword Tool is MIA – What Happened to Spacky.com? I wrote this article last January and reader interest suggests I wasn’t the only one who wondered what happened to this website. Spacky.com was a great keyword research tool because it included keywords from Google, Yahoo! and Bing.
3. 9 Tools for Capturing Social Media Metrics Business owners frequently complain that there’s no way to track the ROI from social media. But that’s not true, as this article showed. There are tools available.
4. Top 20 Press Release Distribution Sites – This was the most popular post of 2009 – and its continued popularity proves that companies still need cost-effective ways to promote their products and services online. This list of free online press release sites is a great resource.
5. 6 Places to Add Keywords to Your LinkedIn Profile To be an effective social networking tool, your LinkedIn profile should be searchable. This article showed readers where to put keywords for maximum results.
6. SEO Best Practices – Title Tags, Keywords & Inbound Links – This article contained a video of a presentation I gave on search engine optimization techniques and best practices to a networking group.
7. What is a QR Code and Why Should I Use One for My Business? QR codes continue to grow in popularity among marketers. This article gave some useful tips on how you can incorporate it into your business.
8. 7 Useful Facebook Apps for Business – Here’s another list-type article focusing on applications you can use on your Facebook business page.
9. 8 Core Elements of Successful Business Blogs – This is a recent article that struck a chord with readers. I’ll be focusing more on blogs in 2011, since I’m going to be speaking on the subject during a three-day social media, branding retreat in Orlando called unGeeked e’lite.
10. How to Add Video to Your Emails -Video marketing continues to surge in popularity, and this article offered some tips on how to incorporate video with your email marketing strategy.
If you have any suggestions for topics you’d like to learn more about, please comment below.
Happy New Year!