One of the best ways you can market your business is with a video blog. Videos enable you to connect with your target audience in a more personal way because they can see and hear you, get a sense of your personality and hopefully, come to like and trust you as a result.
Creating a successful video blog involves more than just picking up a Flip Camera and recording. Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you start:
1. Steady Cam – If you plan to sit in front of a camera and speak to your audience, don’t hold the camera in your hand. Set it down on a flat surface. There’s nothing worse than looking at a shaky image on screen. Remember, you want to project an image of authority. If your camera can be set on a tripod, so much the better!
2. Lighting – Make sure the room you’re recording in has plenty of light so your audience can see you. Just watch out for shadows. Do a few run throughs and experiment to make sure you look good.
3. Microphone – Invest in a clip-on microphone. Portable cameras and even smartphones have built-in microphones, but they have limitations. For best sound quality, a separate microphone will do the trick.
4. Subject – Keep your video blog message simple. Don’t try to cover multiple points in one video. Your recordings should only be 1-2 minutes long, so stick to one subject. It’ll be easier to remember anyway, which brings me to the last point…
5. Delivery – Don’t try to memorize a script. You will come across more natural if you can talk normally to the camera. Bonus Tip: Come up with 3 words that relate to your subject. Talk about those 3 points as if you were having a conversation with a friend or client. It will help keep you on point and on time.
Here is an example of a video blog, from my YouTube Channel:
You can see more of my social media and SEO videos at www.youtube.com/gloriarandvideos