[tweetmeme] I think Facebook is the new Energizer bunny of the Internet. It just keeps going and going and going. In fact, I think it’s reached a tipping point where it is surpassing the mighty Google. Why do I think this?
Two reasons. One – rooted in fact. The second – anecdotal observation.
Facebook traffic beats Google traffic
1. Website Magazine recently had an article titled, “Facebook is the New Google.” The article mentioned that Comscore’s latest figures from August showed that for the first time in history, more time was spent on Facebook in the U.S. than on Google sites – including YouTube, Gmail, Google Buzz, the whole lot of them.
2. I just reviewed my weekly website statistics and for the first time, most of MY traffic came from Facebook, with Google coming in second.
Free Webinar – How to Attract New Business with Facebook
So what does all this mean? Well, with 500 million+ users on Facebook, if you’re in business, and you want to be found, you better create a Facebook business page – and pronto.
And if you need help figuring out how to do that, and how to use Facebook to attract new customers, you’re in luck. I’m presenting a free webinar on just that subject on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT. Here are some of the items I’ll cover:
- How to create a unique Facebook page URL
- How to create a Facebook landing page
- What type of content to post to build fan base
- Where to find content to share
- What time-saving tools are available
- Useful apps for your Facebook page
You can register for the webinar here: http://bit.ly/a1XvAx But don’t wait. Space is limited.