When you create a video to promote your business, how do you get anyone to see it?
Search Engine Optimization, of course!
SEO isn’t just for Web sites. Your videos can reach more online viewers when you create them using best SEO practices.
Here are 6 tips to remember regarding SEO for Video:
- Create Useful, Relevant Content – Videos won’t be a successful marketing tool unless they contain useful content. Remember – you’re not making a music video! Think substance, over style. Be sure to include relevant keywords in your audio and video content as well.
- Shorter is Better – Attention spans are short today. Your videos should run between 3 and 5 minutes for optimal viewing. Don’t despair if that’s not enough time to cover everything. Just break up the content into two or three parts. Tease the second part at the end of the first video to entice your viewer to keep watching!
- Keyword-rich Titles – Include relevant keywords in your video’s title, as this will likely be the first thing the search engines look for in deciding where to rank your content.
- Keyword-rich Descriptions – Make sure your video has a keyword-rich description that details what the video is about.
- Tags – Tag your videos with relevant keywords. You may also consider adding the word “video” to the title, description and tag, such many people add the word “video” to their search phrase.
- Ratings and Reviews – Allow viewers to rate and review your video. The higher your rating, the more authority your video is perceived to have by the search engines. In addition, if your video gets a great review, it’s more likely to be shared – so your video gets seen by more people.
Need help writing an optimized script for your video? Contact Gloria Rand at Gloria@gloriarand.com today.